Lately I’ve had an inner urge to want to photograph random – willing – people. Not some voyeuristic shots pawned off as portraits.
Partly inspired by Gene’s portraits at Starbucks which make fantastic backdrops and a random encounter with my old Starbucks manager, Martin, who ran the Port Credit store for a couple years. Here’s that initial shot to begin them with:

As far as my camera goes, best thing to do is put the mode dial on Portrait and fire off three JPEG’s in continuous mode just in case their eyes blink in one of the shots. The Fuji (S6000fd) tends towards cool tones, but Portrait mode gives a very pleasing rendition, in my judgment. Only parameter adjusted was exposure for +0.20 and White Balance left as it was.
The rest were taken today; two volunteered, one random:
I have a lot to learn and can see this as becoming a very fulfilling project…uh portraits around Port Credit? I’m sure getting to one or two persons a day wouldn’t be difficult and the flocks of photographers walking about at dusk are always willing subjects!

No comments:
Post a Comment